Designing a Technical Solution
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Entry-Level Software Development.
In this course you will learn the process of turning ideas into technical solutions. Early learners often need to learn context and the big ideas of a process before diving into the advanced details, and that’s exactly what you’ll get in this course. You’ll build upon your own idea for an app as you learn the process of conducting market research, user-centered design, and front-end web development. By the end of the course, you will have a user-centered design, wireframes and specification for a web app, along with a front-end user interface built with HTML and CSS.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how software is used to solve problems
- Define application requirements based on user research
- Design effective products using Human Centered Design
- Employ Visual Studio Code and web browser tools in the development of web pages
- Learn the basics of how the Internet works
- Explore various prototyping techniques following industry standard design principles
- Develop basic HTML and CSS webpages
5 weeks, 3h-4h/week